10th July 2015, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Which graduation course is better for doing IPS?

Hey,

I'm asit. I want to know that which graduation course is good for IPS. B.sc, B.A, B-pharma, or any other? Can someone please let me know the best course to be taken to become an IPS? I really wanted to understand about which is the best course and do only that.

Thank you!

10th July 2015, 01:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course is better for doing IPS?

You can for any course in Graduation if you are interested to join in IPS. The minimum qualification required to appear in IPS examination is completion of Graduation course in any discipline from a recognised university. So, you can pursue Graduation in any course of your interest to join in IPS. Eligibility criteria required to join in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and the maximum age should not exceed more than 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.
10th July 2015, 01:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey,

I'm asit. I want to know that which graduation course is good for IPS. B.sc, B.A, B-pharma, or any other? Can someone please let me know the best course to be taken to become an IPS? I really wanted to understand about which is the best course and do only that.

Thank you!
You can choose B.A or B.Sc course to become a IPS officer.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For open category:- 5 attempts
For ST/SC category:- no attempts limit
10th July 2015, 02:07 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue your graduation in any discipline as per your interest, because candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to apply for IPS exam. So, there is no need to choose any specific Bachelor's course. If you want my suggestion, I suggest you to join in B.Com or B.Sc courses, because by joining in these courses, you will get more time to prepare for IPS exam.
10th July 2015, 03:13 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

To become IPS officer you have to apply for Civil Service Exams. Candidate have to complete his/her graduation from any recognised university to become IPS officer.
You can pursue any graduation course of your choice.

According to me you should pursue BA course, as you will get more time to prepare for Civil Service Exams. Also you will have good knowledge of History and Geography as you will be studying them in your graduation.

Please refer the examination pattern and syllabus for Civil Service Exam, that will also help you a lot in choosing the stream for graduation.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 17 views)
10th July 2015, 07:53 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

There are no specific courses for IPS. You can do whatever course you needed it is up to. There is no restrictions on graduation to do IPS. Any graduate degree holder are eligible to apply for IPS examination. The minimum academic qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. The candidate age should be between 21 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. Even, final year of degree course may also apply.
10th July 2015, 09:02 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey,

Thank you!
IPS is one of the Civil service post and to join in this post you need to write the Civil Service exam. This exam is being conducted by UPSC and is held every year. There are eligibility criteira's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam.
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational Qualification
  • Physical standard

To tell in detail about these criteria, it is candidate should have a citizenship in India. Age limit needed is 21-30 years of age for general category candidate and there are relaxation for other category candidates and it is 21-35 years for SC/ST and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

Regarding the educational qualification, candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university. Even final year appearing candidate is eligible for applying for the exam. Apart from all this, for the IPS exam candidate need to be physically fit.

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th July 2015, 11:41 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service Which is conducted through UPSC every year , the candidates have to appear civil service exam .

The eligibility criteria for this exam :

*The candidates should be a citizen Of India.
*The Candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The final year students can also apply for this exams.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 years.
There is a age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

The physical details require for IPS Officers :

Physical requirement:

Height :–

Male 165 cm & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest :–

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight :–

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th July 2015, 11:58 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for the Indian Police Service and the recruitment on these posts are through the Civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year.

Since the eligibility to appear for the examination is candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognised university and age between 21-30 years and relaxation for the OBC, SC/ST candidate.

It is quite tough to suggest you the best course as you are well aware of your interest in the subject. So I will suggest you to go with the best you like. Sine there is no limitation on the selection of the optional paper student select sometime the optional other than the discipline of the graduation.

But as the examination is tough so according to my opinion select the optional in which you have best knowledge and try to go through the General Studies preparation from now as it is not going to be prepared easily.

To get the syllabus for the examination and to know the patter for the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in

Start your preparation from the now if you are determined to crack the examination.
11th July 2015, 12:54 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Hey,

Thank you!
Well, that depends upon your interest and future aspiration. You may take any specialization as that would land you as an IPS Officer. However, I suggest you to take B.A at Graduation level, which is closely related IPS exam syllabus.

Indian Police Service (IPS) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Those candidates who are interested to become an IPS must appear and qualify in the Civil Service exam.

IPS Eligibility Criteria:

- Candidates must have Bachelor degree in any discipline from any University recognized and final year students are also eligible.
- Candidates age should be between 21 and 30 years and relaxations in upper age limit for SC /ST is 5 years, for OBC is 3 years.
- Candidates must be physically and Medically fit.

Official Website - www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?