29th May 2015, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Suggested subject in graduation in order to become IPS officer as well as to join civil and Defence services?

sir i have done my 12th with pcm probably i ll got above 75 prcnt i want to become an ips officer , which graduation course i hv to do so that i have other job option also in field of civil and defence services in case i ll nt able to crash ips ?

29th May 2015, 04:45 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Suggested subject in graduation in order to become IPS officer as well as to join civil and Defence services?

Generally , to apply for the IPS exam minimum qualification is Graduation in any descipline from a recognised university. So , you can take any course in graduation like B.sc maths , B.sc physics , B.com , etc.
~ Keeping your question in mind , One of the best course which is good to get a job in Civil field or in Defence serives or IPS Officer post is B.tech .

After completion of 12th , you can apply for the Engineering entrance exams . If you get good rank in Engineering entrance exam ,then you will get an admission in Top engineering colleges.
In B.tech , you can take either Civil branch or EEE Branch or ECE branch .

~ After completion of B.tech , you can apply for the CDS exam to join in Defence services.

~ While you are in Final year of B.tech you can apply for the Ips exam .

Selection process is ,

1. preliminary exam
2. main exam
3. interview.
29th May 2015, 05:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Suggested subject in graduation in order to become IPS officer as well as to join civil and Defence services?

You can opt for any stream in Graduation in which you are interested if you want to become an IPS officer. To become an IPS officer, you need to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

4. You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.
29th May 2015, 07:28 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

To become IPS Officer, you can choose any subject in your graduation. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility for IPS exam:

You should have passed graduation from recognized university in any stream. There is no percentage requirement.

Your age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

You must be citizen of India.

To join Defense service, you must consist math and physics in your graduation.

You can join Indian army through CDS exam after graduation in any stream.

To join Indian Army and Air Force, you must consist Mathematics in 12th as well as graduation.

CDS exam is also conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join Defense Service after graduation.
29th May 2015, 09:36 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

You can do the graduation in any subject depends upon your interest. Any graduate can apply for IPS and defence service examination. After completing graduation, you are absolutely eligible to apply.

IPS i.e Indian Police Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. This year notification has been already released. Last date for receipt of online application is 19th June 2015.

An applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. An applicant must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

Online Application: Click Here !!!

To join defence services, you need to crack the combined defence service examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for admission to Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy.

An applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. An applicant must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 24 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible. Final year of degree course may also apply.
28th June 2017, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th class in sc steam I want to know that which subject is better to choose choose for graduation to get chance of applying most job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?