4th November 2015, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Which graduation course I need to choose after 12th PCM to become an IPS officer?

I have passed 12th class with 70 percent & jee mains with 53 marks . I want to become ips so which graduation course should I choose. Which graduation course I need to choose after 12th PCM to become an IPS officer? Can you please give me the details on the same?

Thanks!

4th November 2015, 10:32 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course I need to choose after 12th PCM to become an IPS officer?

As you have to become IPS officer you need to realy work hard.
You have to appear in Civil service examination that is conducted every year by Union Public Service Commission.

This test is consist of 3 parts:

Aptitude Test
Main Exam
Interview

Eligibility:

Candidate with graduation in any stream can appear in the exam.
Final year students are also eligible to appear.
Age 21- 30 years and relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST and 3 years to OBC.

As you are a Science student hence you should definitely go graduation in science stream.
4th November 2015, 07:14 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course I need to choose after 12th PCM to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 12th class with 70 percent & jee mains with 53 marks . I want to become ips so which graduation course should I choose. Which graduation course I need to choose after 12th PCM to become an IPS officer? Can you please give me the details on the same?

Thanks!
IPS - Indian Police Service

This is one of the civil service post and to join you need to apply for the IPS Exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year and you can apply for the exam if you satisfy the eligibility criteria's framed.

ELIGIBILITY NEEDED:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed for general category candidate is 21-30 years and for SC/ST it is 21-35 years, for OBC it is 21-33 years.

# The educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

So there is no specific course which you need to choose in order to become a IPS officer. You can choose any stream which you wish to study and complete the course and apply for the IPS Exam.

Candidates are selected through:

# Preliminary Exam
# Main Exam
# Interview

To know more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th November 2015, 10:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
You can choose any graduation degree course to become a IPS officer.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time
OBC category Candidates - 7 time
SC/ST category candidates - No limit
4th November 2015, 10:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to be an IPS officer you need to clear Civil Service Examination held once every year by Union Public Service Commission.

--> For appearing in the same examination, the qualifications which you must have are as given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either done your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course with any subject of your interest from a recognized university.

--> The examination is conducted in three stages which are known as Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

As it is quite clear from above mentioned eligibility criteria that there is no compulsion of a particular stream in your graduation degree to be an IPS officer so you can go for that subject in which you are interested and which belongs to your strength as it would be the easiest option for you.

For further details about the same examination you can visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?