22nd January 2014, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

How Civil engineer can get winter internship?

Sir I have a query regarding "Civil Intern." that - I'm a 2nd year civil engg. student how do I get winter intern..????????

Related Questions:
  1. How to go for Winter Internship after doing B.Tech in Bioinformatics? Which is the best company in Chennai for internship
  2. Procedure to apply for internship during summer vacation?
  3. How to do internship while studying B.E Civil? In which companies can I do internship? Procedure to do internship?
  4. List of companies offering internship during winter vacation?
  5. How to do winter internship in IIT? I am a student of NIT Srinagar
  6. How to get winter internship of 46 days in Larcen and Toubro while doing civil engineering
  7. List of good companies offering internship program in Hyderabad for a civil engineer? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Companies offering 45 days internship for Civil engineering?
  9. Summer internship programme of 45 days with or without stipend for Civil engineering?
  10. Which internship to choose during 3rd year of Civil Engineering?
  11. Companies offering 45 days paid or unpaid internship for Civil engineering? How to apply in such companies?
  12. How to get Internship in L&T being a candidate pursuing 3rd year in Civil Engineering?
  13. Job is good or internship for B.Tech Civil fresher? Companies who offers internship?
  14. Procedure for Winter Internship in Bokaro Steel Plant?
  15. Best companies offering winter internship in HR in Chennai? I am doing MBA 2nd year
  16. Qualification, duration and location of internship providing companies in Civil department?
  17. Information regarding the internship that I can apply for after completing B.Tech Civil? Which companies are offering internship for a period of 2 months?
  18. How to get into L&T for internship? What are the qualifications required? Duration of the internship?
28th January 2014, 08:46 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How Civil engineer can get winter internship?

Internship has become an important part of modern day engineering since companies are stressing more and more on recruiting candidates with professional experience. However, it is quite difficult to get internship especially in the good companies without any good contacts.

Since you are in second year of engineering, so it will be difficult for you to get internship opportunity if you do not belong to the top IITs or NITs. You should rather concentrate in pursuing some training courses now which will not only give you extra knowledge and sharpen your skills but will also help you in getting internship and job opportunities in future. You should do internship after your third year which will make up a perfect resume for you. Moreover winter vacation are usually less, so pursuing internship in winters will hamper your academics. Hence you should pursue internship in the upcoming summers or after 3rd year.

You can do internship/training in various institution like the public sector undertakings, construction companies, cement companies, railways, steel and power plants and other private companies as well. It will be better if you go for Autocad course now.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?