21st February 2017, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET exam without completion of Ph.D?

Eligibility for NET exam is phd is compulsory before this exam and after this person become professor? What will happen if I have not completed Ph.D? Am I still eligible to apply? It will be good if you can get back to me soon on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
22nd February 2017, 03:43 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET exam without completion of Ph.D?

NET stands National eligibility test and this entrance test is conducted by UGC twice in a year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognised University are eligible to appear in this exam.

For general and OBC candidate must hold 55% marks above in masters degree and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST.

So definitely you can appear in this entrance exam without completing PhD.
22nd February 2017, 07:07 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eligibility for NET exam is phd is compulsory before this exam and after this person become professor? What will happen if I have not completed Ph.D? Am I still eligible to apply? It will be good if you can get back to me soon on this. Thank you!

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NET examination without completion of PhD. The candidates with Master’s Degree from any recognized university with at least 55% marks in Humanities, Languages, Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc are eligible for the National Eligibility Test (NET). The NET examination is conducted by CBSE. The candidates who are appeared or will be appearing for the Master’s Degree qualifying examinations are also eligible to apply for NET examination. The NET website link is Click Here.
23rd February 2017, 12:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
23rd February 2017, 07:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For NET, the minimum qualification required is a masters degree with 55% marks. There is no need for Ph.D qualification to appear for this exam. In fact, those who have Ph.D in regular mode are not required to appear for NET.

You can apply for lecturer or professor job based on your Ph.D qualification without appearing for NET.
23rd February 2017, 11:01 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need of having Ph.D for appearing in NET Examination. This National Educational Test (NET) Examination is conducted by University Grants Commission. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NET Examination is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university in the concerned stream. Yes, you are eligible to apply for NET Examination once you complete Post Graduation.
23rd February 2017, 11:47 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to apply for the NET examination, you must have to complete your Post Graduation course in the relevant field.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?