21st February 2017, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D Psychology after completion of M.Sc in Physics?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D Psychology after completion of M.Sc in Physics? Now currently am yet to complete the M.Sc course, so can you please guide me with the details on the criteria which is followed? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D Psychology after completion of M.Sc in Physics? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?
  3. Can I study M.A.(Psychology) being a B.Ed holder? Is it possible to do PhD after completion of M.A.?
  4. Can a candidate do Master's and PhD in Psychology after completion of B.Com? List of colleges/universities offering Integrated PhD in Psychology in Bangalore/Mysore?
  5. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  6. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?
  7. Phd after MSC in counselling psychology? also want to give NET and JRF exams -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Biophysics after completion of M.Sc in Physics?
  9. Can I do M.Phil or PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  10. Eligibility for PhD in Psychology?
  11. Am I eligible to study PhD if pursuing 2nd year of M.Sc(Physics)?
  12. Am I eligible to study PhD in Psychology on Diploma basis being an MBA(HR) postgraduate?
  13. Is it possible to enter in Psychology course with MSc in life science qualification?
  14. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  16. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Physics after M.Sc from any good university in India if secured 54% in B.sc?
  17. Can I study PhD in Physics at IIT being a M.Sc 1st year student? List of institutes which offer PhD in Physics program in India?
  18. What are the post graduate courses in biomedical engineering?
22nd February 2017, 06:58 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D Psychology after completion of M.Sc in Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D Psychology after completion of M.Sc in Physics? Now currently am yet to complete the M.Sc course, so can you please guide me with the details on the criteria which is followed? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!
No, you are not eligible to do PhD Psychology after completion of M.Sc Physics course. The basic eligibility to study the PhD in Psychology course is a master degree in psychology or sociology or social work with at least 55% marks from any recognized university. The admission to the course will be done through an entrance examination and personal interview. With M.Sc Physics qualification, you can pursue PhD in Physics or related subjects. It is not possible to study PhD in Psychology after M.Sc Physics degree. The PhD in Psychology course will be available in various universities in India.
22nd February 2017, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D Psychology after completion of M.Sc in Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed M.Sc in Physics so you are not eligible for Ph.D course in Psychology.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Psychology with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course in Psychology.

There are no age criteria.
23rd February 2017, 11:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D in Psychology after the completion of M.Sc in Physics. Since you have completed your M.Sc course, you are eligible for Ph.D course in Psychology.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course in Physics from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Psychology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?