20th July 2016, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA in Economics?

Sir/Mam,

I am interested to do PHD, can I do that without help of guide, I am completed MA in Economics? What would be the minimum criteria followed? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same as soon as possible? Thank you!

21st July 2016, 09:49 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA in Economics?

Eligibility to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in Economics:-

You must have required Master's degree in Economics from a recognised universities with minimum 55% marks

There is no age limit

The candidate should be a citizen of India.
21st July 2016, 06:11 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA in Economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am interested to do PHD, can I do that without help of guide, I am completed MA in Economics? What would be the minimum criteria followed? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same as soon as possible? Thank you!

Yes, you are eligible to apply for PhD in Economics after completion of MA in Economics. The aspirant should have scored at least 55% marks in MA Economics, he should sit for an entrance test and interview conducted by the university for the PhD admission. Those students who have cleared M.Phil or NET or SET examinations are exempted from the PhD entrance test. The admission will be done on the basis of your performance in MA, entrance and interview. The PhD in Economics is available in various universities in India.
21st July 2016, 11:26 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to say you that you are definitely eligible to apply for Ph.D course after the completion of MA in Economics. Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
21st July 2016, 11:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

You have completed M.A in Economics, So you are eligible for Ph.D course but your masters degree marks must be above 55% marks.

You must have a valid UGC NET score card to apply for Ph.D course in Government University.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?