16th December 2016, 07:38 PM
sahiba khanna

Am I eligible to pursue PhD in Economics and apply for UGC NET (Economics) after completing M.Com?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing M.Com and after completing it I want to pursue PhD in Economics so I want to know am I eligible to pursue PhD in Economics and apply for UGC NET (Economics) after completing M.Com? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Where should I pursue MA in Economics being an MBBS Graduate? Will I be eligible for UGC NET Exam in Lectureship?
  2. Am I eligible to pursue MA Economics after completing B.Com (A and F)? Which University will be a better choice for pursuing MA?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD in Economics being a T.Y.B.Com candidate?
  4. How to do Ph.D. in Economics being an Economics Honours graduate?
  5. Topics available to study in PhD in Economics for UGC-NET qualified person?
  6. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if want to pursue PhD in Economics?
  7. How can I apply to do PhD in Economics if secured 55% in M.A.? Advantages of doing PhD in Economics?
  8. Can i become a Businesswomen after completing Graduation in Economics?
  9. Courses other than PhD for M.A.(Economics) candidate?
  10. Which subjects to be chosen in Ph.D being a M.A in Economics, B.Ed and M.Ed?
  11. Can I get admission to study PhD in Economics at Delhi School of Economics if completed M.Sc in Statistics with Economics?
  12. Can I go for M.Sc in economics from Symbiosis school of Economics after completing BA honours in Economics?
  13. Whether the question papers of UGC-NET(Economics) also comes in Marathi Language?
  14. For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if completed M.Com, MBA and M.A.(Economics)?
  15. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics for M.Sc(Economics) candidate?
  16. Is there any difficulty to appear in UGC-NET for B.Com graduate who is pursuing M.A.(Economics)?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET Exam after scoring MA in Economics with 55% in Distance Learning? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible to do PhD in Economics if completed M.Com with 60% marks?

18th December 2016, 09:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD in Economics and apply for UGC NET (Economics) after completing M.Com?

If you have qualified UGC NET with Economics subjects, then surely you can apply for Ph.D admission in the same. Normally, commerce students study economics during their academic period. Hence, you can definitely apply for it.

Admission will be on the basis of UGC NET score and performance in the interview stage, which will be conducted by the university or institute concerned. Hence, just be prepared for the interview stage.

19th December 2016, 12:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD in Economics and apply for UGC NET (Economics) after completing M.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiba khanna View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing M.Com and after completing it I want to pursue PhD in Economics so I want to know am I eligible to pursue PhD in Economics and apply for UGC NET (Economics) after completing M.Com? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam in Economics because you are doing masters course in Commerce so you are eligible for UGC NET exam in Commerce.

Your masters degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.

But you can do Ph.D course in Economics.

23rd August 2020, 04:51 PM
bhardwaj12
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiba khanna View Post
You have to secure 55% in M.com to apply for UGC net (Economics). After Passing of UGC net you will be eligible to do PhD in the respective subjects.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?