2nd March 2017, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Psychology?

I am Pravin Pargaonkar, from Pune, Maharashtra, I did masters in clinical psychology, heartily willing to do Ph.D in Psychology, what is the procedure to be followed to apply for the same? Can someone please guide me with the proper details on this?

Thank you!

3rd March 2017, 11:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Psychology?

In order to pursue Ph.D in the subject of Psychology, you must have to gain a Masters degree in the same from a recognised University. After that you must qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
Once after qualifying in the NET examination, you can take admission to study Ph.D in Psychology in different Colleges offering the course.
4th March 2017, 06:34 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Pravin Pargaonkar, from Pune, Maharashtra, I did masters in clinical psychology, heartily willing to do Ph.D in Psychology, what is the procedure to be followed to apply for the same? Can someone please guide me with the proper details on this?

Thank you!

Candidates with master’s degree in psychology with minimum of fifty five percentage marks can apply for PhD in Psychology. They have to apply to the course either online or offline. Those with valid GATE or NET score or with M.Phil qualification will be admitted to the course through interview. For others, the admission will be done through an entrance examination and interview. This is the common admission procedure for doing PhD in Psychology in India. You can contact the university psychology department for more details about the guide availability and other details. You can find the PhD in Psychology in various universities in India.
29th May 2019, 01:58 PM
Yo yo king
Junior Member+

Steps to Becoming a Clinical Psychologist:--

1. Complete a Bachelor's Degree. ...

2. Enroll in a Master's Degree Program.

3. Earn a Doctorate Degree. ...

4. Complete Clinical Training. ...

5. Become – and Stay -- Licensed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?