30th September 2015, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D Chemistry if I completed masters in analytical chemistry?

Sir/Mam,

I am manjunath dani I completed my Mac in analytical chemistry I wanted to do PhD in chemistry. Can you tell me what is the procedure followed for the same? Am I eligible to do? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D Chemistry after completion of post graduation course in analytical chemistry?
  2. How can I study PhD in Chemistry being an Analytical Chemistry postgraduate?
  3. How to do Ph.D after completing MSc Analytical Chemistry?
  4. What to do after completing MSc Analytical Chemistry?
  5. Universities offering Phd in analytical chemistry? preferably on-job Ph.D -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Universities which offer Part Time PhD in Analytical Chemistry in NCR for a candidate who has completed M.Sc(Chemistry) 10 years ago?
  7. M.Sc in Chemistry equivalent to M.Sc in Analytical Chemistry?
  8. How to do Ph.D in chemistry after completing MSc with Chemistry
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have completed M.Sc Organic Chemistry long back?
  10. Procedure to apply for Ph.D in Chemistry and complete the course successfully?
  11. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission for doing Ph.D in Chemistry?
  12. List of colleges and universities along with their admission procedure and details, offering Ph.D course with chemistry or medicinal chemistry through correspondence? I have completed M.Sc(Pharmaceutical Chemistry) with 75% marks
  13. List of the Ph.D colleges and universities for Analytical Chemistry
  14. Colleges offering PhD in Chemistry through distance course?
  15. What is the procedure followed for doing part time Ph.D in Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry?
  16. Where to do Ph.D course after completion of masters in chemistry?
  17. Can I become Lecturer in pharmacy college after B.Pharm and MS in Analytical Chemistry?
  18. Is it necessary to do M.Phil before Ph.D after completing MSc in Analytical Chemistry?
1st October 2015, 01:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D Chemistry if I completed masters in analytical chemistry?

You have completed Masters degree in Analytical Chemistry so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Chemistry.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
1st October 2015, 05:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D Chemistry if I completed masters in analytical chemistry?

Yes, surely you will be eligible for PH.D in chemistry without any doubt. Just make sure that you have got above 55% marks in your post graduation. Admission in most of the universities will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the institute or university.

You have to apply for in a prescribed application format when the admission notification is released. If you can qualify exams like NET/SET/JRF/GATE then you have great chance of admission in top institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?