11th April 2015, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to follow for getting admission for doing Ph.D in Chemistry?

Sir/Mam,

I am manjunath dani I completed my Mac in analytical chemistry I wanted to do PhD in chemistry. Can someone please provide me the information on the same? I just require the complete procedure to be followed for applying for the course. Please help!

13th April 2015, 02:20 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow for getting admission for doing Ph.D in Chemistry?

A candidate must have a Masters Degree in the same subject or in a subject which is related to the topic in which the PhD Course is to be pursued is the first criteria.
If this criteria is fulfilled then the candidate will have to clear the NET Examination.
If you are able to crack the NET Examination then you will have to clear an Interview that will be taken by the University you choose to pursue your PhD from.
You will require in-depth knowledge of the subject to clear the interview.
All the NET qualified students will be provided with a Scholarship during the period they pursue their PhD Course.
This is the procedure you will have to follow and also make sure that you are prepared for the NET Examination.
13th April 2015, 08:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow for getting admission for doing Ph.D in Chemistry?

If you have got 55% marks in your master degree from a recognized university then you are definitely eligible for admission in Ph.D in that particular discipline. You can apply for Ph.D in chemistry when the university release the notification for admission. If you have got NET/GATE/JRF qualification then you will have good chance of getting admission in a top University without appearing for any other entrance exam. If you don't have these scores then you have to appear for entrance exam which is conducted by the university concerned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?