20th April 2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course with 51% marks in MA English?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course with 51% marks in MA English? Probably it's a less score but I just wanted to know if I am eligible for doing Ph.D course or not? Can someone give me the correct information for the same? Awaiting for the reply soon.

20th April 2015, 03:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D course with 51% marks in MA English?

Ph.D admission with 51% marks in M.A English is only possible when you belong to reserved category. If you belong to general category then you need at least 55% marks to become eligible for various Ph.D entrance exam for admission.

Hence, you can apply only when you belong to reserved category. If your aim is only Ph.D then you have other options like M.Phil for which you can apply with this percentage. After completion of M.Phil with required marks you will be eligible for Ph.D admission.
20th April 2015, 09:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D course with 51% marks in MA English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D course with 51% marks in MA English? Probably it's a less score but I just wanted to know if I am eligible for doing Ph.D course or not? Can someone give me the correct information for the same? Awaiting for the reply soon.
No, you are not eligible for Ph.D course because you have completed M.A in English with 51% marks.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?