12th July 2016, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics after scoring 55% marks in my studies?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics after scoring 55% marks in my studies? Who can provide me the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon on the same. Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after passing M.Sc in Mathematics with 49%? Is it possible to do M.Sc again to score good marks?
  2. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  3. Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics if having 28 years of Teaching experience after Post Graduation in Mathematics?
  5. Eligibility to study PhD in Mathematics for EE graduate? How can I get a chance for doing PhD in Mathematics?
  6. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  7. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  8. Am I eligible to pursue PhD after completing MA (Sociology) scoring 53% marks from Mumbai University? In which college can I apply for PhD?
  9. Am I eligible to pursue PhD in Computer Science after completing MCA scoring 74% marks?
  10. Am I eligible to pursue PhD in English from IGNOU after scoring 54.6% marks in Post Graduation?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in China for further studies after completing Field Studies council (FSC) course scoring 53% marks? -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible to pursue PhD after scoring 50% marks in Post Graduation?
  13. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. List of all details to be followed for getting Ph.D Maths admission?
  15. Can I apply to study PhD in Management being a MBA(Finance) postgraduate? Requirements to apply?
  16. Can I pursue PhD after completing M.Com scoring 48% marks from Mumbai University? What is the procedure to apply for PhD?
  17. Am I eligible to study Integrated PhD after completion of B.Sc(Mathematics)?
  18. Candidates who are having B.Tech, PGDM or M.L.L. & L.W. Degrees are eligible to do PhD in Mathematics?
12th July 2016, 06:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics after scoring 55% marks in my studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics after scoring 55% marks in my studies? Who can provide me the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon on the same. Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for Ph.D in Mathematics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Mathematics from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria.

You must have valid GATE/CSIR NET score card.
13th July 2016, 10:38 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics after scoring 55% marks in my studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, those who completed their Master Degree with 55% of marks are eligible to apply for PhD in Mathematics. Since, you didn't mention about your qualification so its difficult to tell that you are eligible for PhD in Mathematics or not. However, please, refer the eligibility criteria below,

Basically there are following eligibility requirement:-

1) The applicant must be Master degree holder with at least 55% aggregate in any discipline from a recognized university and final year applicants also eligible to apply.

2) Those who belonging to reserved category must score at least 50% of marks at Master degree course.

3) There is no age limit needed for PhD course.
13th July 2016, 09:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to opt for Ph.D in Mathematics after scoring 55% of marks in your Post Graduation.
Below I have mentioned the required eligibility criteria to do Ph.D, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed their Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?