21st February 2017, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT or NIT after completion of MCA with 76 percentage marks?

I am MCA graduate with 76 percentage. I would like to do Phd in IIT or NIT. Is MCA eligible to do direct phd in IIT/NIT?if it so, when will be the entrance exam(Gate exam) for that?

I am having,
10th-89.2%
12th-71.12%
BSC-80%
MCA-76%

Please give the details. I came to know within a months gate exam will be announced. When?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  2. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA with 76% marks?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT madras after completion of MCA with 8.67 CGPA?
  5. Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?
  6. Am I eligible to get Ph.D admission in IIT or NIT after completion of GATE with 87.64 percentile?
  7. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?
  8. Am I eligible to do MCA in IIT after completion of bachelors degree in distance mode?
  9. Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of MCA in correspondence mode?
  10. For admission in PhD only post graduation score matters? Criteria for MCA holder for admission in IITs?
  11. Am I eligible to do MA or B.Ed after completion of graduation with 50 percentage marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to apply for NIT and IIT if I get 100 marks in JEE Mains but have only 59 percentage marks in 12th? -- [New]
  13. Can I get admission to study PhD in IISC, NIT or IIT if scored 22 marks in GATE?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after completion of honors and masters in bengali with 50 percentage marks?
  15. Which entrance exam is there for admission in Ph.D at Delhi university, IIT Kanpur, NIT, etc?
  16. How can I improve my percentage of MCA? I want to apply for NET but got only 54.94% marks in MCA from IGNOU
  17. After clearing all entrance hurdles of IIT and NIT shall I have to wait for the guide of my subject to be available (or become free) to start research work?
  18. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
23rd February 2017, 12:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT or NIT after completion of MCA with 76 percentage marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am MCA graduate with 76 percentage. I would like to do Phd in IIT or NIT. Is MCA eligible to do direct phd in IIT/NIT?if it so, when will be the entrance exam(Gate exam) for that?

I am having,
10th-89.2%
12th-71.12%
BSC-80%
MCA-76%

Please give the details. I came to know within a months gate exam will be announced. When?
You have completed MCA with 76% marks so you are eligible for Ph.D course. But you should qualify in GATE or UGC NET exam.

You can't apply directly for Ph.D course in IIT/NIT's.

GATE 2017 exam is over for this year. You can apply for GATE exam in the month of December.
23rd February 2017, 07:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT or NIT after completion of MCA with 76 percentage marks?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Ph.D admission at IIT/NIT, but admission will be on merit based on the performance in interview conducted by the institute. Those who have excellent academic record have greater chances of admission.

Hence, you can apply when there is a notification but be prepared for the interview stage. There is a lot of competition for admission.
23rd February 2017, 11:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D in IIT and NIT after the completion of MCA with 76% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree MCA course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the relevant field.

The GATE examination for the year of 2017 has already done in the month of February.
You will have to wait for the next year GATE examination which will be conducted in the month of February in 2018.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?