25th June 2017, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MPhil admission while in 2nd year of the MSc degree?

Sir, I am student of MSc mass communication 2nd year from the Global Open university, Nagaland. My 2nd year examination will be completed by June 2017. Am I eligible to start MPhil in the same year? Please reply me Sir.

28th June 2017, 01:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MPhil admission while in 2nd year of the MSc degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am student of MSc mass communication 2nd year from the Global Open university, Nagaland. My 2nd year examination will be completed by June 2017. Am I eligible to start MPhil in the same year? Please reply me Sir.
Yes, you are eligible for M.Phil course but you fulfill below given criteria.

Eligibility criteria for M.Phil course:-

1)Candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for M.Phil course.

2)There is no age criteria for M.Phil course.
28th June 2017, 10:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MPhil admission while in 2nd year of the MSc degree?

You will be eligible for admission only after passing masters degree. Admission in M.Phil will be possible surely, but you need to submit degree to confirm admission.

Hence, in final year you can apply for admission, when there is a notification, but admission will be provisional until you pass your M.Sc degree.
30th June 2017, 08:12 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you can't start M.Phil course this year as because you haven't completed your Masters degree yet and to pursue M.Phil one need to have master's degree in Science, Humanities or Engineering.
Also a candidate must have 55% marks in the subject choosen for M.Phil course at the Postgraduate level to be considered eligible for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?