2nd March 2017, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Ph.D after completion of M.Sc in Computer Science?

Dear Sir/Mam, I have completed M.Sc in Computer Science recently. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D now? or I need to do something else to be eligible? Can you please give me the complete information on this soon? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after completing MS in Computer Science?
  2. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I do PhD if secured 56% in B.Sc and 53.9% in M.Sc(Computer Science)?
  4. Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science or Computer Application? Which university is providing these courses?
  5. Am I eligible to do M.Sc IT course after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
  6. Am I eligible for doing regular Ph.D after completion of B.Tech Computer Science?
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science or Computer Application if I have completed MCA in commerce?
  8. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  9. What is the scope and salary expected after completion of B.Sc Computer Science course? -- [New]
  10. Eligibility for teaching B.Tech students after M.Sc and Ph.D. in Computer Science?
  11. Is it possible for me to do PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology?
  12. Will I be eligible for Osmania Ph.D Test after completing MSc Computer Science?
  13. Can I pursue Ph.D in computer science after MCA or MSc IT?
  14. Can I do Ph.D next after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science?
  15. PhD in Computer Science after 8 years of M.Sc? Procedure and other details?
  16. Am I eligible to pursue PhD in Computer Science after completing MCA scoring 74% marks?
  17. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  18. Am I eligible for 12th after graduating in B.Com and MSc in computer science
3rd March 2017, 11:18 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D after completion of M.Sc in Computer Science?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D course after the completion of M.Sc in Computer Science, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the relevant filed.
Candidates must have to qualify in the NET examination to get admission in different Colleges under the said course.
4th March 2017, 12:11 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D after completion of M.Sc in Computer Science?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Ph.D, because you have completed your master's degree in computer science. Candidates who have completed their master's degree with minimum 50% to 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for PhD. There is no age limit to apply for this degree course. Some institutes conduct their oqn entrance examination to select the eligible candidates for admission and some select on the basis of marks secured in their master's degree. Therefore, if you fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you will be eligible to apply for PhD.
4th March 2017, 05:53 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam, I have completed M.Sc in Computer Science recently. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D now? or I need to do something else to be eligible? Can you please give me the complete information on this soon? Awaiting for the response.

Yes, you are eligible for PhD in Computer Science after completion of M.Sc Computer Science. You should have passed the M.Sc Computer Science degree with over 55% marks and you have to appear for an entrance examination & interview for the admission to PhD in Computer Science. Candidates who have qualified NET or GATE or SET examinations with valid score will be exempted from the entrance examination conducted by the university but they have to appear for the interview. So with M.Sc Computer Science you are eligible to do PhD in Computer Science in the below given universities.

International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad - Website Link

Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology - Website Link

IGNOU - Website Link
4th March 2017, 07:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for PHD after completion of MSc in computer science

Candidate must have a minimum of 55% off marks in the MSc in Computer Science I eligible to do PhD in computer.

The admission will be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance test and interview conducted by the universities. So you can apply to the institution for the admission.

The list of the Institutes offering Ph.D after completion of M.Sc in computer science:-

Chennai Mathematical Institute - Website Link

Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology- Website Link

Indian Institute of Science- Website Link

Madras University- Website Link.
6th March 2017, 10:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed M.Sc in Computer Science degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Computer Science.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?