19th February 2015, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in Economics if completed B.Com and CA final?

Hello
I am a qualified CA final,
and completed mt B.Com so
am i eligible for admission in Phd economics....???/
kindly tell me asap

20th February 2015, 12:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Economics if completed B.Com and CA final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I am a qualified CA final,
and completed mt B.Com so
am i eligible for admission in Phd economics....???/
kindly tell me asap
You have completed CA degree so you are not eligible for Ph.D course because CA is not equivalent to masters degree.

The educational qualification required for Ph.D exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for Ph.D exam.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
20th February 2015, 07:53 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Economics if completed B.Com and CA final?

CA degree is not equal to masters degree. Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D. in Economics programme should have completed Master’s degree in the subject from any recognized University. You have to write the UGC NET test which consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

They should have scored minimum 55 percent marks in the Master’s degree. Incase of the reserved category like SC/ST candidates, relaxation of 5% is provided. Incase of teachers, minimum 2 years experience is required. The admission will be on the basis of entrance test. Shortlised candidates will go through an interview. In the entrance exam, the syllabus will be M.A. first year syllabus in microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?