26th March 2016, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in Tourism being a Mass & Communication student?

Hi,
I am interested to do PhD in Tourism. But I am a student of Mass & Communication. I am studying M.A. in Mass & Communication. Tell me after my M.A. I am eligible for PhD in Tourism?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD if secured 60.68% in M.A.(Mass Communication & Journalism) and 65.65% in MBA/PGDM(Marketing)? For which subject I should study PhD?
  2. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Mass Communication?
  3. Is it beneficial to study B.Com with Mass Communication if secured 81% in 12th?
  4. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Mass Communication for Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication candidate?
  5. Possibility to study correspondence PhD course directly for Mass Communication postgraduate?
  6. Is it possible to do course in Mass communication after 12th Commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Government colleges in Delhi for M.Phil or PhD in Journalism & Mass Communication?
  8. Can I study PhD in Management being a Mass Communication postgraduate?
  9. Am I eligible to study Master's in Mass Communication if pursuing PG Diploma course after completed B.A.(English)?
  10. Ph.D in Sociology is a good option for PG in Sociology, Political Science and Journalism & Mass Communication student?
  11. How to proceed for PhD in Mass Communication?
  12. PhD Journalism & Mass Communication or Media Studies from Anna University?
  13. Eligibility to do Ph.D in mass communication and journalism course after MCA?
  14. How can I get admission to study Mass Communication in Graduation if secured 81% in 12th?
  15. Universities offering PhD in Journalism and Mass Communication to postgraduate in Pune?
  16. Procedure of admission in Ph.D. under Mass Communication subject?
  17. Is it compulsory to do graduation in mass communication to be eligible for applying masers in mass communication?
  18. How to apply for PhD in Journalism & Mass Communication or Media Studies at Anna University?
28th March 2016, 12:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Tourism being a Mass & Communication student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am interested to do PhD in Tourism. But I am a student of Mass & Communication. I am studying M.A. in Mass & Communication. Tell me after my M.A. I am eligible for PhD in Tourism?
After completion of M.A in Mass Communication, you are eligible for Ph.D course in Tourism.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course but you must have valid UGC NET score card.
28th March 2016, 02:24 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Tourism being a Mass & Communication student?

Yes, after the successfully completion of your PG qualification in Mass Communication with a minimum of 50% in aggregate from a recognized University, you are very much eligible to pursue Ph.D course in Tourism.
28th March 2016, 08:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need post graduation degree in tourism field to become eligible for Ph.D in the same field. Mass communications is a different field which is not related to tourism.

Hence, you can only go for Ph.D in mass communication or journalism.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?