3rd January 2018, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NET in final year of MA degree?

Sir, I am 36 years old and I have completed my MA part 1 this year and appearing fir MA part 2, can I appear for NET exam this year or I have to appear next year. And also please do tell me whether my age is suitable to give NET exam.

4th January 2018, 08:24 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NET in final year of MA degree?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in NET Examination:

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is as follows,

<> You must have completed Post Graduation or Master's Degree or Post Graduation from a recognized university in concerned stream.

<> Maximum age must not exceed 28 years in order to be eligible for appearing in NET Examination. There will be an age relaxation for reserved candidates.

@ For OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD category - 5 years (maximum age is 33 years)

<> According to the criteria that is mentioned above, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in NET Examination.
4th January 2018, 08:40 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can apply for the NET examination being in the final year of MA course as you are very much eligible for it. You must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in the MA course once your result will be announced to get admission to study Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their MA from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the NET examination. Final year candidates can also apply for the NET examination.
4th January 2018, 08:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and same examination is held by CBSE on the behalf of UGC for recruitment of candidates as assistant professor and JRFs ( Junior Research Fellowship ).

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for NET being a student of second year of your Master degree course i.e; Master of Arts then I would like to let you know that you are eligible as for appearing NET candidates pursuing final year of their master degree course are also eligible but you will have to clear your Master degree course with 55% marks ( or 50% marks in SC/ST/PH category ) by the deadline time mentioned in the notification released for same examination.

Further I would like to let you know that being 36 years old candidate you are eligible for your recruitment as assistant professor only as for JRF the maximum age allowed is 28 years, 31 years and 33 year for general, OBC, SC/ST category candidates.

For more details regarding NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in .
5th January 2018, 07:28 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for NET exam as you have crossed the maximum age criteria which is 28 years for general category candidates and 33 years for candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category. Since your age is 36 and you still haven't completed your masters degree, so with regret I have to inform you that you are not eligible for NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?