14th March 2017, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET, if passed MSc in 4 years from an open university?

Hello Sir, I have completed my MSc (maths) in Open University in Andhra Pradesh and it has taken 4 years to complete MSc. I got 60%. Am I eligible for this NET exam? CSIR -NET and UGC-NET is same are different? Can I write this NET exam any state in India? (Present living in Delhi). Please reply Sir.
Thank.

15th March 2017, 07:54 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for NET, if passed MSc in 4 years from an open university?

The Candidates who have completed their Master's degree or its equivalent from a recognized university or institution under UGC course with 55% of marks in it are only eligible to appear for the UGC NET examination. Final year candidates who awaits for the final year result can also appear for the examination. CSIR NET and UGC NET are different. CSIR and UGC are two different governmental departments and both conduct their respective NET exams. Yes, you can write this exam from any state in India.
15th March 2017, 11:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET, if passed MSc in 4 years from an open university?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to apply for the NET examination after the completion of M.Sc in 4 years from an Open University, there is no problem in it.
Since you got 60% of marks in Masters degree course, you can apply for NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the NET examination.
17th March 2017, 08:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have completed my MSc (maths) in Open University in Andhra Pradesh and it has taken 4 years to complete MSc. I got 60%. Am I eligible for this NET exam? CSIR -NET and UGC-NET is same are different? Can I write this NET exam any state in India? (Present living in Delhi). Please reply Sir.
Thank.
Yes, you are eligible for CSIR NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed BS-4 years program/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks are eligible for CSIR NET exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.
12th August 2019, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my M.Sc from IGNOU in Dietetic food service management, am I eligible for JRF and CSIR NET ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?