30th July 2015, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after 7 years of software development experience?

Hi All,

I have 7 years of software development experience. Now I want to switch my career to teaching field.

In teaching field to get good pay and position, it is very important to have Masters and PhD.

To do Masters, is it good for me to appear for GATE and do a full-time M-tech/ME or go for a corresponding M-tech/ME.

Will I be able to fetch a decent lecturer job after M-tech? What is the average salary?

How do I proceed? PhD takes 4-7 years to complete. Can I work in the industry while doing PhD? Or Work as a Lecturer?

Looking forward for your advice.

Thank You

Related Questions:
  1. Best way to do PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering?.
  2. How can I get admission to study PhD in Computer Science if completed 5 years M.Sc in Software Engineering?
  3. After MCA we should do M.Tech or PhD for better career in academic field?
  4. Procedure to apply for Ph.D course after 3 years of software industry experience?
  5. Can I study Part Time PhD in Computer Science without pursuing Master's Degree for B.E.(CSE) graduate who has 8 years of work experience? List of colleges in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu?
  6. How can I pursue Ph.D in Computer Science being a candidate having completed MCA course and with 3 years of experience as Computer Teacher and another 3 years in Industry?
  7. How can I join Ph.D in Mathematics being a candidate having completed BE in Information Science and with 7 years of work experience in Software Industry?
  8. Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after completing MS?
  9. PTU M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering 1st Sem- Advanced Software Engineering Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  10. Possibility to study PhD in Computer Science/Information Technology for MS(Software Design) postgraduate?
  11. How may I do my Ph.D in Germany or Switzerland? I've completed M.Sc in Microbiology and 2 years experience in Research and Development
  12. Possibility to get admission to study PhD if completed B.E. about 18 years ago and having 5 years of worked experience?
  13. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course to MBA postgraduate who has work experience?
  14. What is the difference between MCA and Integrated MCA? Which one is better to join?
  15. Procedure to get admission in PhD after MCA?
  16. Which course or certification should I do after doing B.E CSE?
  17. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Science to M.Sc postgraduate? Total expenses to study Part Time PhD?
  18. List of colleges offering Part time Ph.D in Computer Science in Tamilnadu? -- [Most Discussed]
31st July 2015, 05:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after 7 years of software development experience?

With 7 years of experience you can surely get admission without any doubt on the same field for your PH.D program. You must have a M.Tech degree for becoming a lecturer in a reputed college with NET/GATE/SET qualification.

In private colleges you can work as lecturer without NET score but salary will be according to your experience. For government college you have to qualify NET/SET and salary will be according to the government pay scale.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?