26th October 2016, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I sit for NET exam after completing B.A?

Respected Sir, I am going to complete my B.A this year. Am I eligible for NET exam. I have heard that here in this exam graduates are welcomed. So can I sit for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

27th October 2016, 10:25 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I sit for NET exam after completing B.A?

No, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for NET entrance examination. You should have a master's degree to appear for this examination. Here is the eligibility criteria to appear for NET entrance examination:

> Candidates should hold a master's degree with 55% marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

> SC/ST/PC candidates should score 50% in their master's degree.

> For JRF the age should be 28 years and not more than that.

> Candidates appearing in the final year master's degree can also apply.

So, if you fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you can definitely appear for NET entrance examination.
27th October 2016, 11:22 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

For NET examination candidate must have passed master degree from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required in Master degree for NET examination is 55%. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to sit for NET exam after completing B.A. The examination is conducted in June and December Every year.
28th October 2016, 03:10 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that after completion of your graduation degree, you are not eligible for NET examination as the minimum eligibility criteria to be eligible for NET examination is that the candidate should have completed their masters degree from a recognized university and should have scored a minimum of 50% in it.
30th October 2016, 11:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am going to complete my B.A this year. Am I eligible for NET exam. I have heard that here in this exam graduates are welcomed. So can I sit for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
No, B.A candidates are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

The minimum educational qualification required for UGC NET exam is masters degree from a recognized University with above 55%.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?