2nd March 2018, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Social Work after completing M.A. in Mass & Communication?

I am interested to do Ph.D in Social Work. But I am a student of Mass & Communication. I am studying M.A. in Mass & Communication. Tell me after my M.A. I am eligible for Ph.D in Social Work?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD if secured 60.68% in M.A.(Mass Communication & Journalism) and 65.65% in MBA/PGDM(Marketing)? For which subject I should study PhD?
  2. Can I study PhD in Social Work after completing MA in Psychology?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD in Tourism being a Mass & Communication student?
  4. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Mass Communication?
  5. Should I opt for Mass & Communication after completing B.Tech? Scope of Mass & Communication?
  6. Should I opt for Mass & Communication after completing BBA(H)? Scope of Mass & Communication?
  7. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Mass Communication for Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication candidate?
  8. Possibility to study correspondence PhD course directly for Mass Communication postgraduate?
  9. Entrance exam available to study PhD(Journalism & Mass Communication) in Central University of Orissa?
  10. Eligibility to study PhD for correspondence Master in Social Work postgraduate?
  11. Government colleges in Delhi for M.Phil or PhD in Journalism & Mass Communication?
  12. Is it beneficial to study B.Com with Mass Communication if secured 81% in 12th?
  13. List of best colleges which offers masters in social work?
  14. List of colleges offering Mass & Communication course in Kolkata? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. List of colleges offering Mass & Communication course in Chandigarh -- [New]
  16. Can I study PhD in Management being a Mass Communication postgraduate?
  17. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Social Work for MSc(Sociology) candidate?
  18. Can I study PhD in Social Work if completed PGDM(Rural Management) and Distance Maser of Social Work?
14th March 2018, 12:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Social Work after completing M.A. in Mass & Communication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am interested to do Ph.D in Social Work. But I am a student of Mass & Communication. I am studying M.A. in Mass & Communication. Tell me after my M.A. I am eligible for Ph.D in Social Work?

Sorry, you are not eligible to do a PhD in Social Work after completion of an MA in Mass Communication. Candidates who have completed master’s degree in Social Work or Sociology or Social Anthropology or Community Health or Development Studies or Psychology from a recognized university with not less than 55% marks are eligible to apply for PhD in Social Work. Candidates have to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the selection. Candidates who have passed MA Mass Communication can do a PhD in the same discipline.
15th March 2018, 06:04 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Social Work after completing M.A. in Mass & Communication?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can apply for Ph.D course in Social Work, after the completion of MA in Mass Communication, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their MA degree in Mass and Communication from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Social Work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?