17th December 2014, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Can a person start PhD in Literature directly after MA? What is the percentage required?

Also plz tell me are males eligible to do study correspondence as of MA or other master levels, as some one told me that only females are allowed to go for correspondence study. And what is the percentage required if a person wants to go for PhD directly after MA.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for admission for Ph.D course in English Literature? In which month will the admissions start for Ph.D degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  3. Detailed information about PhD English Literature?
  4. What's the percentage requirement for B.Ed course? I've completed BA(English and literature) and secured 46.75% marks
  5. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  6. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc to get admission in PhD? Cost of acquiring a PhD seat?
  7. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  8. How to select topic and start preparing for PhD in Nutrition? Required fees to do it from Nagpur university?
  9. When to get admission for Ph.D in Arts courses? Required percentage of marks for this?
  10. Eligibility for integrated PhD? Can I pursue PhD directly after B.Tech? Colleges which provides PhD directly after B.Tech?
  11. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  12. Should I take industrial experience or can I enroll for PhD directly in Europe?
  13. What is the qualification required in inter to get admission directly into IPCC? If a person qualifies ICWAI is he directly admitted?
  14. Can I pursue PhD directly after Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master degree is mandatory?
  15. How to start preparation of UGC in English Literature?
  16. What is the minimum required percentage to do PhD in English after completion of MA?
  17. How can I study Ph.D in Mathematics directly being a M.Sc post graduate?
  18. What is advisable M.Phil and then PhD or directly PhD?
17th December 2014, 11:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a person start PhD in Literature directly after MA? What is the percentage required?

Yes you can apply for Ph.D admission straight after completion of your Master's Degree from a recognized University. Just make sure that you have got at least 55% marks in your Master's degree, then only you will be able to apply for Ph.D entrance exams.

Correspondence course is available for anyone and there is no such rule that only females can opt for it. Therefore, apply for admission without any worries.

If you have a NET/SLET score then you will be eligible for Ph.D admission without any entrance exam. Entrance exam is usually conducted by the University in which you want get admission. Therefore, be prepared for the entrance exam if you want to get admission in a Ph.D program.
5th May 2016, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a person start PhD in Literature directly after MA? What is the percentage required?

I am a BA student with 60% and I want to be doing MA from distance and B.ed as regular for appearing PGT and SLET at same time..... am I doing right
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?