27th August 2015, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Do I need to write any other exams other than GRE and IELTS to do Ph.D in USA?

Hello sir/mam,

I want to do PHD in Maths in USA.I want to know the details about GRE&IELTS score.Is any exams i need to write.Please tell me in detail? Can you please give me the exam details and the preparation steps? Awaiting for the answer!

Related Questions:
  1. MBA or MS which has good scope to study from Abroad?
  2. Minimum age required, IELTS and GRE exams for studying in USA? Expense of MBA in USA?
  3. PhD Microbiology without GRE in USA?
  4. Simplest exam that I can pursue for doing Doctorate in Overseas?
  5. Do I have to appear in GRE or IELTS is sufficient to study MS in USA, Canada and Germany? Scope of M.S. through GRE, TOEFL and IELTS?
  6. Should I have to appear in GRE to study Master of Pharmacy in USA if scored 7.5 Bands in IELTS?
  7. How may I get the details like admission procedure, cut off marks, list of the colleges, scholarships etc for MS(in mechanical) course from Germany? Is it necessary to write both GRE and IELTS exam?
  8. How to do Ph.d in USA in Biology? Which are the colleges in USA?
  9. What exams do I have to write among GRE,TOEFL,IELTS exams if I want to pursue masters in abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is IELTS exam enough to do MS in USA?
  11. Is it necessary to appear in GRE and IELTS for the admission in MS at USA? Cost of MS program in USA?
  12. Possible good universities in USA having 55.62% in engineering?
  13. Is it possible to do MS in US after completion of B.E EEE from VTU?
  14. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(Mechanical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? How much score is required in GRE and IELTS for getting scholarship?
  15. In which entrance exam should I appear among IELTS and TOEFL along with GRE to study MS in USA? Specializations to study in MS for B.E.(ECE) candidate?
  16. Am I eligible to study MS in USA if scored 285 marks in GRE and 5.5 Bands in IELTS?
  17. Which exam to write GRE or IELTS to study MS in Germany?
  18. How much score is needed in GRE and IELTS to get admission in MS at USA? Eligibility criteria and course fee to study MS in USA?
27th August 2015, 04:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to write any other exams other than GRE and IELTS to do Ph.D in USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir/mam,

I want to do PHD in Maths in USA.I want to know the details about GRE&IELTS score.Is any exams i need to write.Please tell me in detail? Can you please give me the exam details and the preparation steps? Awaiting for the answer!
No, GRE an TOEFL is sufficient for Ph.D course in Abroad.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language.

There is no any eligibility criteria.

TOEFL exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in Reading, writing, Listening and Speaking sections of English language.
27th August 2015, 10:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to write any other exams other than GRE and IELTS to do Ph.D in USA?

No, you only need GRE and IELTS/TOEFL score for getting admission in USA for getting admission in PH.D programme. Most of the top universities accept these score only.

Therefore, if you have got excellent score in these two exams then you shouldn't worry about anything.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?