18th November 2017, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to enroll in PhD Geography at Banaras Hindu University?

Sir, I am doing M.Sc Geography from Allahabad University and after it want to enroll in PhD at Banaras Hindu University. Please tell me eligibility to get admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Entrance exam available to study PhD(Geography) in Banaras Hindu University?
  2. Can I get PhD(Geography) admission in Banaras Hindu University being a distance M.Phil postgraduate?
  3. Does Banaras Hindu University offers PhD(Sanskrit Literature) with Stipend? -- [New]
  4. Procedure to get admission for studying PhD in Sanskrit in Banaras Hindu University for a postgraduate?
  5. Does Banaras Hindu University offers PhD in History course?
  6. Should I have to appear in RET to study PhD in Zoology at Banaras Hindu University? Detailed information about RET?
  7. How to get fellowship for PhD(Biochemistry) course in Banaras Hindu University?
  8. Procedure to study PhD in Sanskrit for MSc(Sanskrit) candidate of Banaras Hindu University?
  9. Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission in PhD in Pharmacy & Medicine course at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi?
  10. M.A. Geography entrance exam syllabus for Banaras Hindu University
  11. Procedure and eligibility to apply for M.A.(English) course in Banaras Hindu University?
  12. Information regarding PG diploma courses?
  13. Admission procedure to study PhD(Biochemistry) in Banaras Hindu University? Entrance exams to get admission?
  14. Procedure to get PhD(Hindi) admission in Banaras Hindu University?
  15. How can I get admission to study PhD in Sanskrit in Banaras Hindu University?
  16. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Hind at Banaras Hindu University? Procedure to get admission?
  17. Is there any chance to get a job in BHU after scoring 26.67 marks?
  18. Can I get a seat in Banaras Hindu University with 178 rank in GPAT 2016?
18th November 2017, 10:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to enroll in PhD Geography at Banaras Hindu University?

Eligibility Criteria Required to enroll for PhD in Geography at Banaras Hindu University:

Yes, you are eligible to enroll for PhD in Geography course after successful completion of Master's Degree course. The minimum criteria required is given below.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree in concerned stream with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

>> As you are doing Master's in Geography subject, I can say that you are certainly eligible to enroll for this course.

>> You are required to appear in RET (Research Eligibility Test) which is conducted by Banaras Hindu University for getting admission into doctoral program.

Click here for Information Bulletin
19th November 2017, 06:54 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue PhD Geography from Banaras Hindu University, you must complete your master's degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

You have to appear for Research Eligibility Test (RET) conducted by the university. The selection will depend upon the marks secured in the examination followed by personal interview.

Address: Banaras Hindu University Campus, Kabir Colony, Banaras Hindu University Campus, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005

web: http://bhu.ac.in
20th November 2017, 10:53 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Candidates those who have completed masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for PhD course in the relevant discipline. Since you are currently doing M.Sc in Geography from Allahabad University, so after completion of this course you will certainly become eligible to apply for PhD course in the relevant discipline at Banaras Hindu University. In order to take admission for PhD course at BHU, you must have to appear and qualify in RET (Research Eligibility Test) which is conducted by the university itself.
20th November 2017, 11:13 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are pursuing M.Sc in Geography, you are very much eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Geography from Banaras Hindu University after the completion of your M.Sc course, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Geography from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Geography at Banaras Hindu University.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard for admission under the University.
23rd November 2017, 09:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am doing M.Sc Geography from Allahabad University and after it want to enroll in PhD at Banaras Hindu University. Please tell me eligibility to get admission?
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course in Geography.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Geography from a recognized University with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course in Geography.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
15th October 2018, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed my masters in Geography from Pune University, after that , I joined as temporary assistant professor in a government college, I have done research also in the field of geography. now i want to enroll in Phd at BHU and I have filled application in RET exempted category, so will it be valid for me?
1st December 2020, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

CAN I GET DIRECTLY PHD GEOGRAPHY ADMISSION IN BHU WITHOUT RET EXAM AFTER CLEARING OF NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST(NET)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?