7th February 2017, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

How to become a scientist, being from a low income family?

I belong to a family having a very low income. I have to complete my studies to become a scientist, so after tenth and later on twelfth from which institution should I study?

9th February 2017, 05:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a scientist, being from a low income family?

You should try for INSPIRE, if you are in school and want to become a scientist. NISER give admission in integrated research programme for budding scientists which is of 5 years duration after class 12th. This is the best option and economical too, but you need to be academically strong.

Other way is study graduation, PG and Ph.D. This will take more time, but this is the most common route. You can get education loan, if you are not from a rich family.
10th February 2017, 11:09 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to become a scientist, being from a low income family?

Since, you are interested in becoming a Scientist, that means you are interested in the research field.

You can get into the field after you do the post graduation and write the NET (National Eligibility Test).

The eligibility criteria for NET is follows :

* The candidate must have completed the post graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

* The candidate must have completed 23 years of age at the time of exam.

If you qualify the exam, you are given the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and you can continue in the research of your field of interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?