13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

How to do PhD without JRF? Should I pass NET for it?

I am M.Sc Geography student and want to do PhD without completing JRF. Please tell me how can I do PhD? Should I pass NET for it?

17th August 2017, 12:41 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do PhD without JRF? Should I pass NET for it?

In order to do Ph.D course after the completion of Masters degree course, you must have to appear in the NET examination, qualifying in which you can get admission to study Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the NET examination.
18th August 2017, 12:33 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

A candidate, who have completed masters degree in Geography with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university, is eligible to do PhD in respective field and can appear for UGC-NET entrance examination.In order to do PhD you need to qualify UGC-NET test or CSIR test.If you don't want funding through out the PhD program you can skip UGC-JRF test.But to get admitted to PhD program you must have to qualify NET or CSIR entrance examinations.
18th August 2017, 03:33 AM
Junior Member+

You can do PHD without NET/ JRF from those universities which takes entrance exams and interview for admission in PHD, You have to qualify their stages of admission procedures.
But you have to qualify NET exam for minimum eligibility to apply for assistant professor, otherwise PHD will be just a degree for you, you can not apply for assistant professor post after PHD also if you didn't qualify NET.
18th August 2017, 10:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

JRF is not necessary to get Ph.D admission, it will only help you to make your case stronger for admission at top universities. Those who have JRF are preferred by most of the reputed universities and institutes.

You can still apply for admission on the basis of only a M.Sc degree, but you need to perform very well in the written exam and interview stage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?