6th October 2017, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Validity of NET JRF rank card? Can I undergo PhD through NET JRF?

Sir, I am studying Mechanical Engineering course and want to appear in NET JRF exam. Please tell me how long a NET JRF rank card valid? Can I undergo PhD through NET JRF?

8th October 2017, 07:34 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Validity of NET JRF rank card? Can I undergo PhD through NET JRF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying Mechanical Engineering course and want to appear in NET JRF exam. Please tell me how long a NET JRF rank card valid? Can I undergo PhD through NET JRF?

If you want to go for Ph.D trough NET (National Eligibility Test) JFR (Junior Research Fellow) after completing your mechanical engineering, then NET JFR score card is valid for two years from date you have cleared the exam.

So within two years you have cleared NET JFR exam you must have to apply for Ph.D course.

>> Age limit to apply for NET exam is 28 years, Relaxation of 5 years for reserve category candidates.

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for NET exam is master degree from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained, Relaxation of 5% marks for reserve category candidates.

>> For more details please visit www.cbsenet.nic.in.

8th October 2017, 07:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Validity of NET JRF rank card? Can I undergo PhD through NET JRF?

NET JRF scorecard is valid only for 2 years and you need to use it to apply for various JRF posts. Working as a JRF will help you gain research experience, which can be beneficial in getting admission in Ph.D programme.

Most of the reputed universities and institutions also prefer candidates who have got JRF experience for Ph.D admission. Performance in the interview stage will also matter a lot.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?