13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in PhD after M.Sc Biotechnology at IISC, Bangalore? Score required in NET for admission?

I have recently completed M.Sc Biotechnology with got 75% marks and have good academic records. I was appeared in NET exam. Please tell me how can I get admission in PhD at IISC, Bangalore? What score required in NET for admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Way to get admission in IITs and IISC, Bangalore to do PhD in Electrical? Career options available after doing PhD from IITs and IISc, Bangalore?
  2. Is it mandatory to appear for the entrance exam of Ph.D? I want to take admission for Ph.D in IISC
  3. How may I get admission in M.Sc (Biotechnology) through Bangalore university? What's the counselling procedure and fee structure for the same? I've done B.Sc(Biotechnology) from dayanandasagar institutions bangalore affliated to Bangalore university
  4. Whether GATE is mandatory for admission in PhD course at IISC, Bangalore?
  5. Is there any entrance exam available for PhD admission in IISC, Bangalore? -- [New]
  6. Whether IISC bangalore is considering GATE score for admission or not?
  7. CSIR or UGC NET, which exam to appear for PhD admission for MSc(Biotechnology) student?
  8. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology?
  9. How to enroll for PhD at IISC Bangalore? Entrance exam and stipend?
  10. Is a valid GATE score necessary for admission in IISc integrated Ph.D in biological sciences?
  11. Which is the best institute for MSc Chemistry in India?
  12. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Chances of getting IIT or IISc with a score of 65 in GATE 2015?
  14. Information about best university in Abroad for doing PhD in Biotechnology? How to get admission and scholarship?
  15. How to go for integrated Ph.D program in microbiology and Cell Biology from IISC Bangalore
  16. Does IISC, Bangalore consider GATE score for aeronautical masters admission?
  17. Procedure and formalities of doing PhD in IISc Bangalore?
  18. Date of sale of forms for admission in IISC Bangalore for Ph.D in Biological Science? Syllabus of the entrance exam?
17th August 2017, 03:06 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in PhD after M.Sc Biotechnology at IISC, Bangalore? Score required in NET for admission?

Since you have completed your M.Sc in Biotechnology with 75% of marks in it, you can definitely apply for the Ph.D course in IISC, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
Admission is based on the academic performance in the NET examination. Candidates with merit marks according to the competition will get preference for the admission to pursue Ph.D course.
17th August 2017, 10:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in PhD after M.Sc Biotechnology at IISC, Bangalore? Score required in NET for admission?

You need to apply for admission, when there is a notification for Ph.D admission by IISc, Bangalore. Masters degree with 55% is the minimum criteria for applying.

If you have qualified exams like NET/GATE/SET/JRF/JEST/JAM, then it will surely help you to get shortlisted for interview stage. Any research experience will also be helpful, but performance in the interview stage is a must.
19th August 2017, 12:58 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to do PhD, a candidate must have completed master's degree with 55% marks from a recognized university.
IISc stands for Indian Institute of Science and to get admission in it to pursue PhD course a candidate must have to appear and qualify in UGC-CSIR which is conducted by University Grant Commission twice in a year.
You need to score more than 70% in NET so as to get admission in IISc Bangalore.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?