10th June 2015, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

How much marks are required for getting admission in Ph. D. programme?

Is there any marks barrier for getting admission in Ph D programme in India?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course do I have to take after inter 2nd year to become a CS?
  2. Guidance to pursue Ph.D course being a candidate having completed Masters in Mechanical and working as Lecturer?
  3. Can I do Ph.D with Job being a candidate having completed M.Sc, M.Phil and having 3 years of experience in Bioanalytical Department of Pharma Company?
  4. Is it possible to get admission in Ph.D programme after completing PGPM? Am I eligible for Ph.D programme after doing 3 years programme?
  5. Can I do Ph.D related field after doing M.E electronics and control engineering?
  6. Procedure to pursue Ph.D in Hindi being a candidate having qualified in NET Exam?
  7. Is this possible for me to do Ph.D after completion of MBA through Distance Education?
  8. Requirement of percentage for B.Ed. for obc category in government and private colleges affiliated wih mumbai university
  9. List of universities offering Ph.D program on the basis of Company Secretary(CS)?
  10. How to get admission in M.ed programme?
  11. Which is a better choice for me of doing M.Sc IT course within India or Abroad after completion of B.Sc in IT?
  12. Can I do Ph.D in Hindi after completion of graduation course?
  13. Can I do CS course after BBA? What is the value of CS course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Should I have to apply for CLAT to study LLM after completing LLB?
  15. Admission fees for 1st year B.Tech programme? How much should one pay for UG programme?
  16. Can I do Ph.D in regular college after completing M.Com in distance education?
  17. How to do Ph.D marketing in any Indian University?
  18. Percentage required for B.Ed admission? Is it possible to get admission in B.Ed? Fee structure for admission?
11th June 2015, 05:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks are required for getting admission in Ph. D. programme?

Normally, in India there is a required percentage of marks which is 55% marks in master's degree from a recognized University. This is a set criteria by UGC for Ph.D admission in India for General category candidates and if you belong to reserved category then you will get 5% marks relaxation.

If you have this qualification then you have to appear for entrance exam and interview for admission. Appear for exams like NET/SLET/GATE/JRF and qualify it with good score then you will be eligible for admission in top colleges. You can apply for other Ph.D entrance exam if you are not able to qualify any of these exams.
11th June 2015, 07:28 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks are required for getting admission in Ph. D. programme?

The percentage requirement to pursue PhD, depends upon the PhD course and the university, you choose. That's because the percentage requirement one course to another course and even from one university to another university. So, we can tell you the percentage requirement only if you can specify your intended PhD course and the university. So, please provide PhD course stream and the university name.
11th June 2015, 08:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there any marks barrier for getting admission in Ph D programme in India?
Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.

You must have valid GATE/UGC NET/ CSIR NET score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?