15th August 2017, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to join PhD in Biotechnology course after qualifying GATE 2017 exam?

I have completed M.Sc Biotechnology in 2011 with 6.29% from IITB and due to some personal reasons I remained at home and doing nothing. Now I qualified GATE-2017, and I would like get admitted for PhD in 2017 academic year. Is this possible for me to join PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to join ISRO for PhD in Biotechnology candidate? -- [New]
  2. Can I get admission to study PhD in NIPER through GATE after completing B.Tech(Biotechnology)?
  3. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  4. For which subject I should apply in GATE among Biotechnology and Life Science to study PhD in Biotechnology and become a Lecturer?
  5. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  6. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE
  7. Can I apply to study PhD in Biotechnology with 91.15 percentile in GATE? Procedure to apply?
  8. List of Institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology program without NET and GATE in India?
  9. Possibility to study PhD in NIPER if completed M.Sc in Biotechnology and qualified in GATE?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course without appearing for GATE exam?
  11. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  12. Can I apply for PhD in Biotechnology at IIT Roorkee? Procedure for the same?
  13. Can I apply for PhD course under Result Awaited category in IIT-Roorkee if secured 91.15 percentile in GATE(Biotechnology) and pursuing last semester of M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  14. Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  15. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Is there any scope in MD in Biochemistry?
  17. How can I do PhD in fellowship without qualifying CSIR and GATE?
  18. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 746 rank in GATE and 6.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Biotechnology)?
16th August 2017, 11:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join PhD in Biotechnology course after qualifying GATE 2017 exam?

You can apply for Ph.D admission, when there is a notification by the concerned institute. Being a GATE qualified candidate, you will have good chance of being called for interview stage.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the interview conducted by the institute. Hence, be prepared for it because only GATE score is not enough.
17th August 2017, 12:39 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join PhD in Biotechnology course after qualifying GATE 2017 exam?

Yes, definitely you can get admission to study Ph.D course since you have qualified in the GATE examination.
Since you have completed Masters degree in the above mentioned field, you are very much eligible for Ph.D course, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the relevant field.
17th August 2017, 10:25 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No there will be no problem in joining PhD course in the respective subject if you have qualified GATE-2017.
In order to get admitted of PhD in Biotechnology, you must have completed masters degree in respective branch with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university, also you need to qualify GATE or UGC-NET entrance examination.
Since you already have qualified GATE-2017, you are eligible to join PhD course.
17th August 2017, 11:01 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is a possibility for you to join PhD in Biotechnology course after successful completion of GATE 2017 Entrance Examination. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible is as follows.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree or Post Graduation in Biotechnology or it's equivalent stream from a recognized university.

>> You must have secured minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation.

>> Besides all these, you are required to appear in any of the below mentioned entrance examination.

* CSIR NET Examination

* UGC NET Examination

* GATE Entrance Examination

* DBT Entrance Examination

As GATE Entrance Examination is one of the allowed entrance examination, you can certainly pursue this course on the basis of GATE Score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?