14th February 2018, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course without appearing for GATE exam?

1.Please mention names of Institutions offering PhD Programme in Biotechnology. 2. Presently I am doing my M.Tech in Biotechnology at Amity University, Navi Mumbai; but I have not appeared for GATE. I qualified for the M.Tech course through an entrance examination conducted by Amity University. 3. Shall I be eligible for PhD programme as I have not appeared for GATE? 4. Is there any All India Entrance Examination for qualifying for PhD Programme or individual institutions conduct their own entrance examination?

SWAPNALI DE

26th February 2018, 10:33 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course without appearing for GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1.Please mention names of Institutions offering PhD Programme in Biotechnology. 2. Presently I am doing my M.Tech in Biotechnology at Amity University, Navi Mumbai; but I have not appeared for GATE. I qualified for the M.Tech course through an entrance examination conducted by Amity University. 3. Shall I be eligible for PhD programme as I have not appeared for GATE? 4. Is there any All India Entrance Examination for qualifying for PhD Programme or individual institutions conduct their own entrance examination?

SWAPNALI DE

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the PhD program without appearing GATE examination. You should have studied a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. You have to clear a PhD Entrance Test and Interview for the admission to the PhD program. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE in the relevant subject are exempted from the PhD entrance test conducted by the university. Therefore, you are eligible to apply for PhD without appearing GATE examination.
26th February 2018, 05:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course without appearing for GATE exam?

GATE score is not the only criteria for Ph.D admission. You can also appear for other entrance exams like NET/SET/JRF or any university entrance exam.

If you have experience of more than 5 years in the given field or have an M.Phil degree, then you will be exempted from written exam. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?