12th July 2016, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to apply for Ph.D along with post graduation diploma course?

Hi,

I have done post grad in microelectronics now I would like to apply for phd in that field or closely related. Do u think I can? If you know any uni I would be glad to hear. thanx in advance. Please let me know the details on this soon as possible. Thank you!

13th July 2016, 09:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for Ph.D along with post graduation diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I have done post grad in microelectronics now I would like to apply for phd in that field or closely related. Do u think I can? If you know any uni I would be glad to hear. thanx in advance. Please let me know the details on this soon as possible. Thank you!
No, post graduation diploma course holder candidates are not eligible for Ph.D course because PGD course is not equivalent to masters degree course.

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university, then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria
13th July 2016, 01:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for Ph.D along with post graduation diploma course?

I am sorry to say you that it is not possible to pursue Ph.D as well Post Graduate Diploma course at a same time. You have completed your Masters degree course, so you are eligible to opt for Ph.D degree course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks are eligible to opt for Ph.D courses. So, you must opt for Ph.D course only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?