1st December 2015, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D in geography being a Assistant teacher in Kolkata?

Sir, I am Asst. teacher in Kolkata. How this is possible to doing phd in geography? I am looking for a quick response from your side.

2nd December 2015, 09:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D in geography being a Assistant teacher in Kolkata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am Asst. teacher in Kolkata. How this is possible to doing phd in geography? I am looking for a quick response from your side.
If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for Ph.D course in Geography.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

You must have valid UGC NET score card.

There is no age criteria.
3rd December 2015, 08:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D in geography being a Assistant teacher in Kolkata?

For admission in PH.D in geography you need post graduation degree in geography subject with at least 55% marks. If you have this qualification along with your teaching experience then you can apply for admission when admission is announced by the concerned university.

Admission will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview. If you have qualified exams like NET/SET/JRF in geography subject then you will be exempted from written exam. Also, if you have teaching experience of more than 5 years in the same field then also you will be exempted from entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?