20th July 2016, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get a transfer to another university while pursuing Ph.D in JNTU?

I am pursuing Phd in JNTU,would like to transfer to another university. Is it possible? Can you please provide me the information on the same? What should be steps I need to follow for this? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible. Thanks!

21st July 2016, 08:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get a transfer to another university while pursuing Ph.D in JNTU?

Transfer is not possible in case of research programme like Ph.D. You have to study from the present university only in which you registered.
There is no such method of transfer because admission us mostly based on merit through screening process.
22nd July 2016, 05:05 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get a transfer to another university while pursuing Ph.D in JNTU?

You can only transfer to another college under the same University and that too only in the first year if you have scored a minimum of 60% in aggregate, otherwise there is no alternative for it.

You should however have a valid reason also in order to support your request otherwise it is likely going to be rejected.
22nd July 2016, 05:52 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to transfer to another University if you want to change the University from where you are pursuing Ph.D. If you have some valid reason for changing the University, then only you can change the University.

You need to follow some steps for the following:-

Write an application to the current University that, you want to change from your current University to another.
Take a Transfer Certificate (T.C) from the University.
Character certificate from the University.
You will also need an affidavit and migration certificate.

Submit all the above documents with a valid reason to the present University to change the University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?