20th July 2016, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

What should we do for doing Ph.D course?

how can i do phd plz tel me about it? What should we do for doing Ph.D course? I just need to know from the basics as I am not sure about anything when it comes to doing the Ph.D course. So, please provide me the complete details on the same. Thank you!

21st July 2016, 06:23 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should we do for doing Ph.D course?

As you are interested to pursue PHD so you have to complete your graduation and then Masters in specific subject in which you are interested and then you have to appear in UGC NET to persue PhD.

There is no upper age limit.
21st July 2016, 06:36 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue PHD is given below:

Candidate must have completed masters degree from recognised University with at least 55% marks and relaxation in percentage in given to reserved categories. You must have UGC NET score card.
Upper age limit has not been specified.
21st July 2016, 10:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To do Ph.D, candidates must have completed their Post Graduation in the related field first. After that candidates must qualify in the UGC NET examination as most of the Universities require a valid NET scorecard fro Ph.D admission.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
Once a candidate is qualified in the NET examination, he/she can take admission to study Ph.D course.
22nd July 2016, 05:49 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to opt for PhD course you will have to complete your PG degree from a recognized board having scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate.

After that you will have to appear for PhD entrance examination of the prospective University you wish to opt to take admission in and then there will be a PI round.

However, candidates who have already appeared and scored rank in GATE/NET examination are exempted from written test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?