1st June 2015, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get admission for doing Ph.D through NET?

I am M Tech in environmental engineering from A M U .From where I can do Phd .Is gate score is must for doing P hd from IITs. Can I take admission in P hd through NET.? Can someone give me the right information on this soon? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is NET mandatory for PhD? Which books to refer for NET? Best university for PhD in Commerce?
  2. Is there any other way to take admission in PhD?
  3. NET qualified person can get direct admission in PhD? Procedure to get admission?
  4. Entrance exam for pursuing PhD from IITs?
  5. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET? -- [New]
  6. What is the admission criteria of Ph.D? I have done MBA and want to do Ph.D -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Should I have to appear in NET to study PhD in IIT-Madras if completed M.Sc(Chemistry)? Eligibility to get admission?
  8. How can I get admission in Ph.D program without appearing in ICMR and NET?
  9. In which entrance exam should I appear among CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, ARS-NET, ICAR-NET and SLET to do PhD?
  10. Detailed information, admission procedure, duration and fee structure of Ph.D(English)? Is it necessary to appear in NET for Ph.D?
  11. Duration of regular PhD after clearing NET and JRF?
  12. Do I need to crack NET for pursuing PhD at JNU and DU? Eligibility to apply?
  13. Duration of PhD course? Doing M.Phil before PhD will effect the duration of PhD?
  14. Is it possible to take admission for Ph.D with GATE score?
  15. Can I get admission to study PhD in NIPER without appearing in GATE and NET being a M.Sc(Pharmaceutical Chemistry) postgraduate?
  16. Can I take admission in Ph.D after doing MCA with 59% and 67% in M.Phil
  17. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  18. Entrance exam for doing PHD in Pharmacy after M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?

1st June 2015, 09:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get admission for doing Ph.D through NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am M Tech in environmental engineering from A M U .From where I can do Phd .Is gate score is must for doing P hd from IITs. Can I take admission in P hd through NET.? Can someone give me the right information on this soon? Thank you!
You have completed M.Tech Environmental Engineering. If you have GATE score then you are eligible to get admission in IIT for Ph.D course.

Yes, you can get admission in Ph.D through UGC NET score.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)

1st June 2015, 04:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get admission for doing Ph.D through NET?

If you have got GATE/NET/JRF qualifications along with the Master's degree then you have chance of getting admission in a IITs for your Ph.D program without any doubt. Candidates with any one of these scores are preferred for admission in IITs, IISc and other top government institutes.

Hence, if you have a good score in NET then apply for admission when the Ph.D notification for admission is released. You have to attend an interview after your application is shortlisted. Performance in the interview plus your academic qualifications will help you to get admission in IITs for Ph.D programme.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?