2nd October 2017, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a space scientist for a general candidate from Jammu?

Hi, I am Sukhvinder from Jammu in RS Pura. Please Sir, my past is so bad because I loss my father in March month. Which month started my exam. I not gain so much percent I gain only 59%. I am also a member of poor family in General Category and I want to become space scientist. So, how it is possible for me this dream to full in present.

3rd October 2017, 09:18 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a space scientist for a general candidate from Jammu?

To become a Space Scientist, candidates must belong to the Science background. Candidates those who have completed class 12th examination with Science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50 percent of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Bachelors degree in Science. Opt for Bachelors degree in physics and after that complete your Masters degree in any of the Physics or Astronomy field. Once you complete the Masters degree course, you then have to apply for the Ph.D course in the relevant field. After completing the PhD course in any of thr Astronomy of Physical Science, you may apply as Space Scientist in different organizations.

4th October 2017, 09:30 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a space scientist for a general candidate from Jammu?

Procedure to become a Space Scientist:-

Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Kerala is one of the famous Institutions to study space science.

There are courses for undergraduates, postgraduates, doctoral programs with a specific focus on space science B.Tech ( Aerospace Engineering) B.Tech ( Avionics ) and B. Tech ( Physics Science) are the courses available in the institute.

The aspirants can also consider joining in any one of the following Institutions

Indian Institute of Science

Indian Institute of Astrophysics

National Institute of Science Education and Research

Indian Institute of Science Education and Research.

5th October 2017, 10:42 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

I am glad to know that you are willing to become a space scientist. It would be better if you would have mentioned your educational standard.
Let me tell you from the very basic that a candidate who is willing to become space scientist must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a core subjects and must have secured good score in his/her board examinations. Then the candidate need to do undergraduate and then postgraduate course in any one of the following fields/streams; Astrophysics, Astronomy, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Stellar Science, etc.
Also, candidate must have to earn a doctoral degree (PhD) in the relevant field of his/her masters degree.
After getting these degree you can apply in various organizations like ISRO, DRDO and VSSC which recruit space scientists.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?