12th November 2017, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to do PhD after Masters in Mathematical Statistics from government universities?

Sir, I am Masters in Mathematical Statistics and now want to do PhD in same stream. Can you please send me the procedure to do PhD from government universities?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to enroll in correspondence PhD(Statistics)? List of universities in India?
  2. How to get admission in PhD at top universities after Masters in Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT, Bombay?
  3. Procedure to get admission in PhD at University of Mumbai after Masters in Mathematical Economics?
  4. Can anyone enter into PhD course immediately after UG?
  5. Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics if completed M.Sc in Statistics? Procedure to get admission? -- [New]
  6. List of PG Diploma courses related to Mathematics field
  7. What is the percentage marks required for doing Ph.D in statistics?
  8. List of universities in UK offering Masters and PhD in Communication?
  9. List of universities and scholarships offered for PhD course in chemical engineering after completing masters?
  10. Admission criteria, syllabus and entrance exam for Masters in Statistics?
  11. Universities offering PHD in Economics without requiring Masters degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Steps to apply for Ph.D in USA after completion of Pharma.D course?
  13. List of universities offering admission in PhD for Masters in Physics with 54.5% holder? Entrance exams to do PhD?
  14. Which Universities in India provide PhD in statistics? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  15. Eligibility to get admission in PhD after M.Sc Statics at Chennai Mathematical Institute? Specialization available for PhD?
  16. What kind of preparation should I do to appear in IIT jam for masters in statistics?
  17. Procedure of PhD programs Abroad? Universities and countries offering PhD by research?
  18. Am I eligible to do PhD being a Statistics postgraduate? Procedure to apply?
14th November 2017, 12:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to do PhD after Masters in Mathematical Statistics from government universities?

Candidates those who are wiling to take admission to do Ph.D course in Mathematics from respective Universities, must have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have secured the above mentioned percentage of marks are eligible to appear in the NET examination, qualifying in which they can take admission in different Government Universities in order to study Ph.D course in Mathematics.
14th November 2017, 06:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to do PhD after Masters in Mathematical Statistics from government universities?

For Ph.D admission at top universities in India, you need to crack written exam and interview. Just make sure that you have qualified exams like NET/SET/GATE/JRF to have any chance of interview call at reputed universities.

Clearing interview for admission will only be possible, when you have got excellent academic record in the given field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?