12th November 2017, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

How to get admission in PhD at top universities after Masters in Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT, Bombay?

I am doing Masters in Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT, Bombay and after it want to do PhD. Please tell me what should I do to get admission in PhD in top universities?

Related Questions:
  1. Admission criteria, syllabus and entrance exam for Masters in Statistics?
  2. Procedure to do PhD after Masters in Mathematical Statistics from government universities?
  3. Which course is in more demand between Ph.D in Statistics and Ph.D in Applied Statistics?
  4. Can I apply for M.Sc in Geophysics after completion of B.Sc in Physics? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. List of universities offering admission in PhD for Masters in Physics with 54.5% holder? Entrance exams to do PhD?
  6. How to apply for Summer Internship in HDFC Bank being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of MBA course?
  7. What should I do next to do Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Sc degree in applied statistics?
  8. Which Universities in India provide PhD in statistics? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  9. Eligibility and procedure to join IIT Bombay for PhD in Mechanical stream?
  10. How is Applied Statistics field to do PhD in it? What is the role and application of Applied Statistics?
  11. Institutes that offer M.Tech after B.Tech in Mechanical section?
  12. Difference between Ph.D in statistics and PhD in applied statistics in opportunity point of view?
  13. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  14. How to get admission in top universities of India or abroad for doing masters program?
  15. Procedure to get admission in top Agriculture universities for PhD? Best topics for PhD?
  16. Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics if completed M.Sc in Statistics? Procedure to get admission? -- [New]
  17. Will it be helpful for me to do masters degree in abroad after completion of graduation in India?
  18. Which one is best to get admission among IIT Bombay in Electronics & Microelectronics dual degree course or IIT Madras in CSE?
14th November 2017, 01:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in PhD at top universities after Masters in Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT, Bombay?

First of all to do Ph.D in Applied Statistics and Informatics, you must have to gain a Masters degree in the relevant from a recognized University. After that you must qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed their Master's Degree course in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks.
Once, you qualify in the NET examination, you can then apply for the Ph.D course in the above mentioned field. You can apply to different Universities offering the said course on the basis of the marks scored in the NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?