15th May 2015, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Is it required to find the supervisor before getting admission for Ph.D in Anna University?

Do i need to find my supervisor before admission to PhD in anna university? or we can get the guide right after getting the admission? Can someone please let me know the right information on the same? I would like to hear from someone who knows this.

Related Questions:
  1. Is GATE scorecard acceptable in Anna University for admission in PhD program?
  2. How can I get admission to study PhD in Control Systems at Anna University?
  3. Procedure to get admission in Anna University to study PhD course? Date of PhD entrance exam?
  4. Universities offering Ph.D in Physiotherapy? Previous questions papers for Ph.D in Physiotherapy entrance exam?
  5. Am I eligible to study PhD in Anna University if completed M.E. from Deemed university?
  6. Is this a better choice of going Australia for Higher studies having done M.Sc in Maths? Courses offered by Australian Government for the candidates of M.Sc Maths?
  7. Will GATE score of 2 years back be considered for PhD? Is SET considered good for PhD?
  8. How to register for Ph.D part time under Anna University? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I study PhD in Anna University if completed M.E. in Manufacturing Engineering?
  10. From where to get NOC, College or University for doing PhD?
  11. When will the Ph.D application forms will be out in Anna University? Is there any entrance exam to be given?
  12. Is it safe to do PhD from PU? Is practical fundas required to do PhD in Finance?
  13. Do I need to be GATE qualified to apply for PhD(Computer Science) entrance test of Anna University?
  14. Syllabus and model question papers to prepare for PhD(CSE) entrance exam conducted by Anna University?
  15. Is there any entrance exams to write for applying Ph.D course in Anna University?
  16. Is it safe to do PhD from PU? Are practical fundas required to PhD in Finance?
  17. Being Assistant Professor in a College can I do PhD in Humanities at other university?
  18. When PhD Entrance Test will be conducted by Anna University?
15th May 2015, 10:48 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it required to find the supervisor before getting admission for Ph.D in Anna University?

The guide will be provided to by Anna University where you will be pursuing your PhD once you get your admission in the University.
You will have to choose your specialization once you are admitted into the course and you will be able provided your guide by the University.
This is the norm in each and every case so it you will have to make sure that you choose your specialization carefully so that you will be able to complete your course in the shortest possible time frame.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?