3rd January 2018, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Should I prepare for NET or GATE?

I have completed my masters MCA in 2014 and now I'm interested in doing Ph.D so please guide me. I should prepare for NET or GATE exam?

6th January 2018, 09:59 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I prepare for NET or GATE?

You can opt for any of these examinations, NET or GATE for admission in Ph.D program. Both the examination scores are used to get admission in Ph.D courses. If you are interested in master's degree in engineering field then you can opt for Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering. But, if you want to pursue your career in research field then you should opt for NET examination.
6th January 2018, 02:43 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge one should prepare for GATE examination to get admission in M.Tech or any other Master degree course.
But if you have completed MCA then no need to prepare for GATE. You should prepare for NET entrance test if you are interested to become a lecturer. But if you simply want to pursue Ph.D then you have to clear entrance test conducted by colleges or university before admission. On the basis of NET or GATE you will get admission in any of the colleges to pursue Ph.D.
6th January 2018, 04:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to take admission in Ph.D, then NET would be suitable exam. GATE is suitable for M.Tech admission, but it can also be used to take admission at IITs for Ph.D programme.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the NET/SET/GATE/JRF, and interview stage, conducted by the institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?