23rd July 2013, 10:55 PM
niket4591

Which exam to prepare for CATE and GATE?

hii friends im third year engg student mechanical...im confused between which xam to prepare for.. gate or cat .??.. can i prepare for both simultaneosly and after result decide ??

3rd December 2014, 07:14 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which exam to prepare for CATE and GATE?

CAT and GATE are very different fields with no overlap in between, so you must decide of these.
CAT is common admission test and it is conducted by IIMs for MBA course. . It is a online test having questions on GK, aptitude, reasoning, comprehension . Lots of other MBA colleges also admit of the basis of CAT score.

GATE is Graduate aptitude test of engineering. It is conducted for admission in Mtech course by IITs. It is conducted for all types of engineering branches. Other institutes like NITs, DCE , NSIT and some other pvt institutes admit on the basis of GATE.

Now question for preparing for both the exams is an absurd idea. Decide one for which you want to prepare. So, if you have done done well in Btech and further interested in engineering , then you should chose GATE , else CAT would be better.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?