11th October 2017, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of GATE exam for Metallurgy Engineering stream? Extra topics and books required to prepare?

Sir, I am studying B.Tech Metallurgy Engineering course and willing to prepare for GATE exam too. Please tell me syllabus of GATE exam? Extra topics and books required to prepare?

Related Questions:
  1. GATE Entrance Exam preparations: Is solving 10 years papers enough? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to prepare for GATE Exam from 2nd year of Engineering? Important topics for GATE Exam for Mechanical stream? How to manage time to prepare for GATE Exam?
  3. Syllabus of SAIL exam for Metallurgy stream? Which books are available for technical preparation?
  4. Whether JOB or HIGHER STUDY is the purpose of GATE exam? Books and important topics to crack GATE examination for EEE stream students?
  5. What topics to prepare for GATE Exam? Type of Questions asked in GATE Exam?
  6. Delhi University B.Tech 1st Semester Paper-EME-105 Metallurgy Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  7. Should I prepare for GATE being a Civil 4th semester student? Suitable books for preparation?
  8. Books to be followed to prepare for GATE exam? When to start preparing for it? Topics on which I should concentrate more?
  9. List of important books to prepare for GATE exam? What is the syllabus and cut off marks?
  10. Important Topics to prepare for GATE Exam in Mechanical stream?
  11. Details about GATE and syllabus of it for Mechanical engineering stream? How much score required in GATE to get admission in top IITs?
  12. How to prepare for GATE exam while pursuing B.Tech (Biotechnology)?
  13. Best Books to prepare for GATE Exam for CSE stream? Can I get online material for this?
  14. How can I prepare for GATE through self study? Suitable books for preparation?
  15. GATE exam books for Aerospace Engineering?
  16. Which are the important topics to prepare for GATE Exam in Electrical Engineering?
  17. How to prepare for government job in civil engineering?
  18. Syllabus to prepare for JTO exam? Whcih books to refer for the JTO exam?
14th October 2017, 06:53 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus of GATE exam for Metallurgy Engineering stream? Extra topics and books required to prepare?

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an entrance examination that is conducted by one of the top Indian Institute of Technologies. Syllabus for Metallurgical Engineering (MT) consists of,

() Engineering Mathematics
() Metallurgical Engineering
* Mechanical Metallurgy
* Manufacturing Processes
* Physical Metallurgy
* Thermodynamics and Rate Processes
* Extractive Metallurgy

Click here for Detailed Exam Syllabus

Some of the recommended books are,

>> GATE Guide Metallurgical Engineering 2018 by G K Publications

>> Objective Type Questions and Answers in Metallurgical Engineering by O.P.Gupta

>> Metallurgical Engineering Solved Papers GATE by Amritansh Frank and Ankush Khandelwal

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?