29th December 2015, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

What is the full form of Ph.D? Who are eligible to do the Ph.D course?

Hello Sir/Mam,

I am student of B.Sc 1st year. I want to know the full form of phD. What is the full form of Ph.D? Who are eligible to do the Ph.D course? Can someone please guide me with the information on this? Awaiting for the answer soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I get admission to study PhD(Biotechnology) with full scholarship in US without appearing in GRE?
  3. What are the best colleges for PhD in Mumbai? Eligibility to do PhD?
  4. Which type of PhD should I do full time or part time? Going to university daily is necessary in regular PhD? Syllabus, books and question papers for it?
  5. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  6. Colleges in Mumbai who conducts PhD in Pharmaceutics? Difference between part time and full time PhD?
  7. Detailed information about PhD? Differences between PhD and M.Tech? Eligibility to study both?
  8. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  9. Distance MCA degree holder is eligible for PhD or not?
  10. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  11. Duration of PhD course? Doing M.Phil before PhD will effect the duration of PhD?
  12. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D?
  13. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  14. How to apply for PhD in Computer science after completing MCA?
  15. From when GJU issues PhD form? Procedure to submit the form and entrance test?
  16. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  17. What is integrated PhD? Difference between M.Sc, PhD and integrated PhD?
  18. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
31st December 2015, 11:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the full form of Ph.D? Who are eligible to do the Ph.D course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam,

I am student of B.Sc 1st year. I want to know the full form of phD. What is the full form of Ph.D? Who are eligible to do the Ph.D course? Can someone please guide me with the information on this? Awaiting for the answer soon. Thank you!
The full form of PhD is Doctor of Philosophy or Doctorate of Philosophy. The eligibility to study PhD is Master’s Degree or M.Phil Degree from the recognised university with the minimum of 55% marks. The PhD programme is available in many universities of India. They are,
1st January 2016, 07:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the full form of Ph.D? Who are eligible to do the Ph.D course?

Doctor of Philosophy is the full form of Ph.D and for admission in India you need to fulfill a specific criteria according to the university or institute guidelines. Being a B.Sc student you need to study till M.Sc to become eligible for admission.

You must score above 55% marks in M.Sc to become eligible for PH.D admission. Selection is mostly based on the performance in written exam and interview. Apart from M.Sc degree holders there are some bachelor degree holders like B.Tech/B.Pharm/MBBS/B.Arch/B.VSc are also eligible for PH.D admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?