18th January 2017, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum gap allowed after M.Tech to apply for Ph.D?

This is uday teja .I have completed my M.tech recently and interested in doing phd so I need the information about the minimum time to apply for Phd.? Can you please give me the right details on this? Awaiting for the response soon. Thanks!

26th January 2017, 08:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum gap allowed after M.Tech to apply for Ph.D?

There is no upper age limit for Ph.D admission in India. Hence, you can apply for it, when there is a notification. If you have gap between studies, then you must have a solid reason for it.

Those who are working professional or in academics, don't face any issues getting admission in Ph.D because they can continue their studies while working.
27th January 2017, 01:19 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

There is no fixed time gap mentioned after the completion of M.Tech in order to do Ph.D course. There would not be any such severe problem, if there would be a gap between M.Tech and Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it can apply for the Ph.D course as soon as possible.
29th January 2017, 06:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is uday teja .I have completed my M.tech recently and interested in doing phd so I need the information about the minimum time to apply for Phd.? Can you please give me the right details on this? Awaiting for the response soon. Thanks!
You have completed M.Tech degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course.

But your masters degree marks must be above 55% and you must have a valid GATE or UGC NET or CSIR NET score.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?