24th January 2017, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum time gap required for completion of Ph.D after M.Tech?

This is uday teja. I have completed my M.tech recently and interested in doing Ph.D so I need the information about the minimum time to apply for Phd.? Can you please provide me the right details on this? Awaiting for the quick response.

26th January 2017, 12:18 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the minimum time gap required for completion of Ph.D after M.Tech?

You have completed your master degree so you are eligible to pursue your Ph.D. If there is any gap then you have to provide valid reason for you gap along with the gap certificate.
To pursue PhD, a candidate needs a minimum of 55% marks in Master's degree for general candidate and for a candidate who is other than general like OBC/SC/ST minimum marks required is 50% in Master's degree.
A candidate seeking admission to the PhD course shall apply offline by filling the prescribed form in writing along with a color passport size photo with self attested and photocopy of the documents such as [Degree certificate of last qualifying degree examination, Mark sheet of last qualifying degree examination, proof of date of birth, character certificate, Gap certificate if applicable, non objection certificate from the employer if employed, research proposal, migration certificate(non objection certificate from the University last attended)].
26th January 2017, 09:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum time gap required for completion of Ph.D after M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is uday teja. I have completed my M.tech recently and interested in doing Ph.D so I need the information about the minimum time to apply for Phd.? Can you please provide me the right details on this? Awaiting for the quick response.
You have completed M.Tech course, so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should qualify in GATE and UGC NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam.There are no age criteria.

The duration for Ph.D course is 3 to 5 years.
26th January 2017, 11:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

There is no such time limit exist for applying for the Ph.D course after the completion of Masters degree course.
Candidates after the completion of their M.Tech course can anytime apply for the Ph.D course. There is no upper age limit for pursuing Ph.D course.
Candidates must have completed their Masters degree scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it in order to be eligible for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?