27th April 2017, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to do PhD Zoology in IGNOU? How much time will it take to complete the course?

Professionally I am a lecturer attached with a college in west Bengal. I have 7 years of teaching experience. Can I join PhD programs in IGNOU. What is the procedure & how much time it will take to complete? With regards. Nibedita Karmakar

28th April 2017, 05:17 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to do PhD Zoology in IGNOU? How much time will it take to complete the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Professionally I am a lecturer attached with a college in west Bengal. I have 7 years of teaching experience. Can I join PhD programs in IGNOU. What is the procedure & how much time it will take to complete? With regards. Nibedita Karmakar

Sorry, PhD Zoology program is not available at IGNOU. PhD in Zoology program is available in various other universities in India. Candidates seeking admission for PhD in Zoology should have completed post graduation in the same subject with a minimum of 55% marks from a UGC recognized university. The candidates should appear for an entrance examination and interview conducted by the University for taking a PhD in Zoology admission. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SET/SLET/GATE are exempted from the entrance examination. All the candidates should appear for Interview. The minimum period of the PhD Zoology full time program is three years.
28th April 2017, 11:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to do PhD Zoology in IGNOU? How much time will it take to complete the course?

To do Ph.D in Zoology from IGNOU, you should have a Masters degree in it with a minimum of 55% of marks, then only you can apply for the NET examination, qualifying in which you can take admission to study Ph.D course in Zoology from IGNOU.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course in Zoology from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET examination to pursue Ph.D course in Zoology.
The duration of the above mentioned course is of 2 to 5 years to complete it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?