27th April 2017, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50 percentage marks?

I am from Pakistan. I have done my masters in English literature with 50% marks along with IELTS, can I be registered in the PhD literature program? Can you please guide me with the needed information on this? Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in English literature in India after completion of masters course in Australia?
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  3. Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of masters in English Literature with 47% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  5. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  6. Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?
  7. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?
  8. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in India after completion of MA English literature long back?
  10. Eligibility for Ph.D in English literature after completing M.A English with 52.22%?
  11. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  12. How may I join PhD program in English literature from JNU or other recognized university? I have done BA from Assam University and Masters from Nepal
  13. Eligibility to appear for NET after scoring 55% marks in masters?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after completion of honors and masters in bengali with 50 percentage marks?
  16. Any university to do Ph.D after doing masters in English Literature?
  17. Top universities in India to pursue Masters in English Literature?
  18. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in English Literature?
28th April 2017, 05:31 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50 percentage marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am from Pakistan. I have done my masters in English literature with 50% marks along with IELTS, can I be registered in the PhD literature program? Can you please guide me with the needed information on this? Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!

Sorry, you are not eligible for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50% marks. Those candidates who have completed Master’s Degree in English with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST candidates) are eligible to do PhD in English. Therefore, you are not eligible to apply for PhD in English with 50% marks in MA English. Candidates have to sit for an entrance examination and interview for the admission to the PhD in English. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SET/SLET/M.Phil are exempted from the entrance examination.
28th April 2017, 11:38 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50 percentage marks?

I am sorry to say you are not eligible.
Since you have scored only 50% of marks, you cannot apply for Ph.D course at this instant.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?